Monday, August 25, 2008

A very long post! Monday August 25th

This has been a eventful day to say the least. This morning I got up and went to class as usual. When I left I recognized the weather was overcast but I didn't think much of it raining( I know what was I thinking right?). So I get to school and go through my 8:00 class and then my 9:00 rolls around and about half way through it the tornado sirens go off. So the teacher makes all of us go out in the hallway. So we sit there till the warning expires. So once we are free to go it's like coming a monsoon outside and like I said I had nothing but my backpack and myself..no umbrella, no rain jacket, NOTHING. So I decided to just wait it out a little bit before heading across campus for my 11:00 class. Finally it slacked off and I tredded the water over to Haley Center. I was early for my class so I was just going to go up and sit outside the door and finish my reading for the class. Well as I'm walking to the classroom on the third floor this lady starts yelling at us. She says that we should all be down on the bottom floor that no one has released us. So we were all like honestly! So we start down the stairs and of course the other 20,000 students on Auburn campus were there as well. So we got stopped at the stairs. I found a place and just sat down. Times rolls around and we are free to go. So I head back upstairs for my class. I sit down and wait. Then a girl comes by and says that Auburn posted on the website that classes are canceled for the rest of the day. So I'm like YES I'll go home. So I'm walking out to the transit and of course everyone else is as well. I waited and hour for a transit in the rain. It was mad chaos!


This Fall I will be taking a class at Lakeview called Perspectives: On the World Christian Movement. Tonight was our first class and we will meet every Monday night from 6:30-9:00 until Christmas. Perspectives is a biblical, historical and cultural analysis of the impact of the world Christian movement, with specific attention given to strategy and the imperative of bringing the gospel to groups that have yet to initially receive it. Each week we have a different speaker come and teach. Tonight we had Gerald Robison-Vice President of UnveilinGlory Ministries from Jacksonville Florida. He taught tonight on the Cat& Dog Theology http://catndogtheology.com/. Crazy right....yeah that's what I thought at first but then when he got finished it was WOW! I left tonight with just a totally different perspective of how to read the Bible. I want my life to be like the dog theology everything I do for the glory of God, everything I read for the glory of God, every action I take for the glory of God. I don't want my life and church experience to be about what can I get from the Bible or what can God give me. It's not about me...It's about me glorifying Him. All of Life is for God and making Him famous to others!


What better post to put sweet pictures of Mattie and Katie Marie on here! Sorry I had to limit it to one since the post was so long :)


No comments: