Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Direction determines Destination-Not intentions!


I went to visit with my old youth pastor, Richard, last week. He gave me a series to watch and it has been great so far. The series is called Destinations by Andy Stanley from North Point Community Church. I watched two of the parts last night and he was talking about Solomon. He referred to the verse from Proverbs 3:5-6 " Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Wow...this came from the mouth of a man filled with wisdom. Solomon knew in light of all his wisdom that when making decisions he had to Trust in the Lord.


In this series it constantly reminds us that the Direction you choose ultimately determines your Destination not your intentions. - Think about it! Good intentions, lofty goals, and inspiring dreams are noble, but it's your path that actually determines where you end up. I look forward to finishing this series!

No comments: