Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday at Lakeview!

After being up all night with tornado sirens going off I'll have to say it was hard getting up this morning for church. I made it and it was well worth it. Brother Al has been doing a series on God's Design for the Families. So this morning his title was " Equally yoked: God's design for choosing a mate". He preached from several different scriptures. I liked what he said " You need to focus on being the right person instead of finding the right one". Tonight he preached from Proverbs 5: 1-23 and the title was " Red-Hot Monogamy: God's Design for Sex". He used one sentence to sum up this message: "God's design for sex is that a husband be captivated by the love of his wife and a wife be captivated by the love of her husband."

After church we had a information/orientation meeting for " The GAP" prayer ministry. The GAP prayer ministry is Lakeviews 24-hour prayer room. Each person/persons takes a hour a week and goes to the GAP prayer room at Lakeview and takes part in intercessory prayer. Ashley and I are going to do it this Fall. We have decided to do it on Monday mornings at 6:00. After the meeting College went over to Cliff and Toma's house for pizza and fellowship.
Thank you Lord for keeping us safe through all the bad weather!

No comments: