Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Story!

Today through Wednesday Dennis Nunn is at Lakeview walking us through Every Believer A Witness http://livingthenewlife.org/every_beliver_a_witness.htm. Tonight we were challenged to share our personal story of receiving Jesus Christ as our Savior with at least one person by tomorrow night when we come back. He gave each person a booklet when they came in tonight. He talked/worked through the booklet and he got to the part where we were to fill in our personal story. The first part was my life before I met Jesus, the second was How I came to accept Jesus into my life, and the third was my life since Jesus came in. I am going to share with all who read this my personal story. The way I have wrote this is a little different than the exact headings.

My life before I met Jesus- I was reared in a Christian family. We were at church every time the doors were open. At six I gave my life to Christ in the basement of Rainsville Church of God. Growing up I continued to go to church and I guess you could say lived as a Christian. I didn't party, cuss, get in to trouble. But there was something that wasn't complete. I strived to always do my best and be perfect at everything because I thought that was what was expected of me. As I got into my teenage years I began a disarming relationship, I won many awards, I was a standout athlete, and I was well known through out the community. Still not enough. In April of 2007 I had reconstructive jaw surgery, I thought this would fix the insecurities that I had. It didn't! At this time it was my first year of college. I was starting to see my world crumbling around me and I didn't understand it.

How I came to accept(have a personal relationship) with Jesus- Yes I accepted Jesus at age six; but was that really when my relationship with Christ began? No! The Spring of 2007 I became broken at the feet of the cross. I could not carry around anything else. I surrendered my life to the Lords perfect will, not my will anymore. This is when I feel my relationship really became alive and REAL. In May I moved to Auburn and began school. I found a wonderful church Lakeview Baptist. I met amazing people of Christ and they began to invest in my life. I was really struggling with what to do with some things in my life and I was talking to Lesley about it and she gave me the best advice and that was " Draw closer to the Lord". Wow..that was not what I wanted to hear but I did just that. I began to learn about having a quite time and what it was like to have a relationship with Chirst. Before I thought I had one just because I went to church, paid tithes, and didn't do anything wrong. Wow was I ever wrong. I was learning that there was more than just Sunday Wednesday. So I feel that in the Fall of 2007 I began to have a true intimate relationship with Christ. He convicted me and cleaned me of bitterness, feelings of unforgiveness, hurt, disobedience, and bondage from a relationship. This was one of the hardest years of my life but one of the most rewarding and amazing because I finally knew what it was like to have a RELATIONSHIP with Christ.

My life since Jesus came in- Every since last year the Lord has been doing incredible things in my life and peoples lives around me. I was never baptized as a child so in March I was baptized. He has given me unspeakable peace and joy that I had been longing for. There have been many hard times as well since I really became serious about my walk. The devil has tried to destroy me, my family, and many relationships. Through all of it I have had joy and a Amazing God to hold my hand and help me get through the different trials. He has changed the desires of my heart. He has given me a different outlook on life that I should not strive and reach for things that are not eternal. He has given me a servents heart and a heart for the lost and hurting women. I am truly a different person today than I was a year and a half ago. This past year has been an Amazing year being a child of Chirst and really growing and getting to know Christ in a deeper way.

I share this with you because maybe my personal story will impact or reach someone else. Have you shared your personal story with anyone lately?

" Passion for God should precede and produce compassion for men." Landon Ressor

" What really counts is whether we really have been changed into new and different people" Galatians 6:15 (NLT)

No comments: