Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dare to Share


It has been a wonderful Sunday. This morning and tonight Junior Hill came to preach. This morning he talked alot about baptism. We had 21 people come forward this morning and either join the church or unite with the church in believers baptism. We had 8 others that came forward tonight. It was incredible!

Tonight was our first Focus group. Many of you might not know but I'm leading a small group this semester. I have four senior youth girls. The focus groups are being taught out of the book Dare to Share by Greg Siger. As many of you know Lakeview is a very mission minded church. They truly have a heart for the lost.
I have never been to a church more focused on the lost community and world as Lakeview. They are about equipping and sending. So Brother Al ask his church staff to help in becoming more proactive in our church with equipping people with the ability and confidence to share the gospel with the lost. So the Focus groups are being taught from a book about sharing the gospel.

Have you ever heard the saying..watch what you pray for? Well I had been praying for the Lord to stretch me. Well the stretching has began. First of all I have never lead a small group, secondly I have never taught other people about sharing the gospel with others, thirdly I have a hard time doing this myself how am I going to teach others? So I say all of this because I need prayer about leading this group this semester. I want to be a leader that leads by example and so just pray that the Lord opens doors for me to share my testimony with others and that I have the boldness to do so. The stretching process begins!

No comments: