I have not had time this past week to blog. I apologize...I've been really busy! So let me just tell you about my amazing week.
Monday: I got up around 6 had my devotional got ready for class. Class starts at 8:10. Each morning our classes start out with matins( which is the class devotion). So on Monday my first class was Christian Worldview Studies with Dr. Leland. It was amazing!! He opened with this question " Why did you get up this morning?". This class is going to be great; but very challenging at the same time. Monday we got our practicum sites. I'm in the counseling department. I'm so excited because this is just where I wanted to be.
* The way FOF counseling department works is there is not one on one counseling. They counsel by phone. So people call FOF counseling department and they get counseling via phone. At first I wasn't for sure about how that would work (tell you more below). So I'll sit in on the phone counseling 3 hours a week and then we have a group counseling learning session and then we have self care groups once a week. Also through the semester we are going to go sit in on marriage counseling, going to a psychiatric hospital, treatment facility, trauma debriefing training, partake in experimental therapy( we will be caving). I am very excited about my practicum.* So after our meeting for practicum I headed home rested for a few minutes then we cook supper and started reading. Didn't get in bed till after twelve.
Tuesday: Woke up at 6 had devo and headed to class. Class on Tuesday was Marriage and Family Studies. It is taught by Dr. Ted and Linda Pampeyan ( they have become our buddies we have made a very fun relationship with them..love love them). After their class I had practicum. It was so neat to sit in there and listen to the counselor counsel the patients over the phone. There were calls from all across the spectrum. I loved it because the counselor had the freedom to speak truth into the hurting peoples lives. She had the freedom to pray and encourage them. I just loved that part of it. After my practicum I came home for an hour and then went back up to the Institute for family dinner ( this is where once a week all the students eat dinner with all the faculty and staff and their families). I sat at the kids table, it was fun getting to talk to them. After that came home and was up till after twelve reading.
Wednesday: Woke up at 6 had devo and headed to class. This morning our class was taught by Dr. Del Tackett which is Family, Church and Society Studies. It was amazing. He is the one that started The Truth Project. http://www.thetruthproject.org/
When we leave we will be trained to lead a small group teaching The Truth Project. Exciting! I'm more excited to sit under Dr. Tackett and be taught by him. So after class which was great, we had our first group session for counseling. After that headed home took a short nap b/c I was soooo tired! Got ready and went over to the Pampeyans for supper. After that came home and read till after twelve.
Thursday: Same thing got up went to class. Thursday class was Gender and Leadership Studies taught by Mr. & Mrs. Thomason. It was fabulous, their stories were amazing! They taught about Identify and self-image. After class I did some work study. I called probably close to 100 prospective students for the summer. After that came home got ready and head to LB's for Koniena( where every Thursday we go over to one of the faculty or staffs home for supper). After that we all went and got ice cream. Then finally I got to come home for a night of somewhat rest. No reading!
Friday: Got up for a tour of Focus. While on the tour we got to record some voices for commericals. It was really neat! After the tour we came back and napped. It was much needed. Last night we went out to dinner. So I've discovered Skype. Thanks to Amy, my roommate, she suggested that it would be a good way to chat with Steven. So I took her up on it and it was really neat to do that.
Today has been a good relaxing day. Slept late, tanned, worked out, went to a couple of shops, enjoyed the Colorado sun (I've been in shorts and t-shirt all day). So now that I'm caught up on blogging I should probably try to get ahead on the reading for next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment