Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sin

Last night as I laded in my bed trying to go to sleep I was really bothered. I was thinking about something that is going on with someone I know and it has just really been bothering me. So as I laded there and thought about it and what could have possibly made them do this I just kept thinking back to SIN. Now let me say this. I'm not saying I don't sin and I'm not saying that I'm perfect and I'm not saying this person is living a sinful life. I'm just saying that because of SIN in this world that is why certain things happen and people do the things that they do. Man is a sinful creature. We as Christians are the ones living a counter cultural life. Man's very nature is to be sinful. So why should it surprise us when someone does sin? The only one to live a perfect SINLESS life was Jesus Christ himself.

Since the fall of man in Genesis 3 SIN is everywhere. Sin affects the best and the worst. Due to the fall sin has been evident and alive. SIN is not a new thing. King David fail to SIN...Religious leaders have fallen to SIN...We "normal" people fall to SIN. Then and now sin has been at work. People want answers to the economy to the divorce rate to cancer. The answer is simple SIN...we live in a world of SIN. The economy has been taken over by people with eyes of GREED...SIN. The divorce rate is almost at 50%.. because lust is in marriages...SIN.

I say all of this because as Christians we can't ever be comfortable or content with where we are at in our relationship with the Lord. Because when we do that is when we will be attacked and confronted with the uttermost temptations of SIN. Thank God that there is pure forgiveness in His precious blood.

No comments: