Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I haven't posted in a while.YIKES! The break has been good but I'm ready to get to Colorado. Last Thursday I celebrated my 21st birthday. I spent Wednesday and Thursday in Gardendale with Steven. He took me to a really nice restaurant called Flemings. This past weekend I went to Tuscumbia to visit Monica. It was a nice trip I got to meet a lot of her sweet sweet family.

I can't believe two weeks from yesterday I'll be in Colorado. I am super excited about being out there but sad at the same time for having to leave everyone. I talked to Focus today and I got a scholarship to help towards my tuition I was very happy to hear that. Although I got the scholarship it still leaves a lot to owe. I'm just living by Psalm 37:5 and trusting the Lord to provide the rest of the money for tuition.

* Today during my quite time I read through Philippians. When I first read through it in chapter 4 when Paul was finishing up his letter, this caught me, he said " I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." It is said that this letter is the letter of Joy. To alot this is strange. How could Paul have joy when he was in jail? Simple Paul had found his contentness and sufficiency in the Lord. As humans we characterize joy as something that comes with prosperity and success. Not something we experience during hardships. This scripture is Paul being joyful during a time of hardship (him being in prision). I really had to take time and examine my life and ask myself would I be and am I like Paul by havine JOY during the times of hardship in my life? *

No comments: