Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A very long day!

My day ended yesterday at 1:00 am and my day started today at 4:00 am. Not mentioning yesterday didn't really end because I couldn't sleep last night. Today was the big day. I said my goodbyes to my family and Steven and I was off to ATL. I then met up with some other Focus people and caught my connecting flight to Colorado Springs. I got here about 12:10 or so. My flights were good I got to rest a little bit on the second one. When I got to the apartment to check-in the UPS truck was there also and he was delivering my things. So it was perfect timing. The rest of the afternoon my roommates and I unpacked our things and got to know each other. My roommates are Amy from Memphis and JoHannah from Honduras. We clicked right off and I know it's going to be an amazing semester getting to know them and grow with them on this journey. At 5:00 we met with all the Omegas( which is what the ppl in my apartment complex are called) and we headed over to Focus. We mingled for a little while and then ate. After dinner we had worship, Dr. Tackett spoke and then we had worship again. It was just a great time of fellowship. I am so excited about this semester. I'm ready to encounter Christ in a way I haven't ever before. I'm expecting great things. Well it's been a very long day....I'm going to crash now. Long day tomorrow as well.

No comments: