For Christmas my Mom got me the book " The Shack". I had been wanting to read it but I'm not a huge fiction reader so it wasn't a book I was going to buy for myself and read. I have heard good reviews excellent reviews and some not so good reviews. When I begin to read a book I don't like to take what other people say about books and start reading the book with that mentally. I think when you do that it ruins the book. So I'm not going to post on here it's the best book I've ever read or the worst book I've ever read. I would really encourage you to read it and form your own opinion. Below is a small insert from the book. " Are you saying you have no expectations of me?" Papa now spoke up. " Honey, I've never placed an expectation on you or anyone else. The idea behind expectations requires that someone does not know the future or outcome and is trying to control behavior largely through expectations. I know you and everything about you. Why would I have an expectation other that what I already know? That would be foolish. And beyond that, because I have no expectations, you never disappoint me."
No comments:
Post a Comment