Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A case of the Bookworms!

Okay..so as I've been told often I'm a nerd. I LOVE to read. A lot of the time I do not get to read for entertainment. Today I went to Accountability group. Usually I'm the first one there but today I wasn't and I didn't even know it. We meet at Toomer's Coffee every Wednesday. So I got there and didn't see the other two girls cars so I just assumed they were not there. I went inside and looked just in case to see if they were there. I didn't SEE them. So I walked back outside and sat down at one of the tables just going to wait on them. So as I waited on them I just opened up my Bible to 1 Kings I have been reading through Ecclesiastes but I have went back to 1 Kings to understand more about Solomon so I could understand the viewpoint from which he was writing in Ecclesiastes. So I sat there and sat there and sat there. I read and read and read. It was so relaxing just getting to have this time with no distractions to submerge in God's word. Often times we(I) don't take enough time or block out all of the distractions when we(I) are in the word to really soak it in and listen to what the scripture is telling us. Just sitting there today really made me stop & examine my daily reading time. Have I been reading out of habit or have I been reading expecting to learn and hear from God.

It's so amazing how God takes situations where your suppose to be doing something else (i.e. Jenn was in Toomers the whole time. We say apart for 30 min.) and just directs us to HIM. Once we finally realized we were both there and Cassidy got there we met and it was great.

No comments: