Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mission statement for Marriage and Family Class

WHO AM I?
• I am nothing apart from Christ.
• I am a child of the King.
• I am struggling to be REAL.
• I am journeyer… Discovering more of who God is.
• I am seeking the will of God.
• I am learning to rely on Christ.
• I am in a personal relationship with Yahweh.
• I am not running away.

Vision
I have dedicated and continue to live my life to the GLORY OF GOD. I am a young woman searching for more of who God is. I am determined to live my life in reflection to my Heavenly Father’s ultimate will. I am aware this road is going to be rough and very difficult at times but I know I serve a God who is alive and working in my life at all times. I pray for continuous vulnerability, brokenness, and exposure. I want to be as transparent as possible living a life blameless and reverent before my one true Savior. I want to find myself constantly gazing on the face of God. A renewing of my mind is essential in my daily walk. The ultimate thing that I always have to remember is….IT’S NOT ABOUT ME…..IT’S ABOUT CHRIST WHO LIVES IN ME!!!!!

Verses to live by
• …..; apart from me you can do NOTHING. John 15:5b
• Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: Psalm 37:5
• The heavens declare the GLORY OF GOD; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1
• Declare the GLORY among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples. For GREAT is the Lord and most WORTHY of praise; he is to be FEARED above all gods. 1 Chronicles 16: 24
• Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1
• I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20


Many of God's leadings will require you to choose between being comfortable and building a godly character, amassing money and seeking first God's kingdom, being a winner in the world's eyes and being a winner in God's eyes.- Bill Hybels

No comments: