
James Dobson resigns as Focus on the Family chair
By ERIC GORSKI – 6 days ago
DENVER (AP) — The Associated Press has learned that James Dobson has resigned as chairman of the conservative Christian group Focus on the Family.
Jim Daly, president and chief executive officer of the Colorado Springs, Colo.-based ministry, said Friday that Dobson will continue to host the organization's flagship radio program and speak out on moral issues.
The departure of the 72-year-old Dobson as board chairman is part of a succession plan. He founded the group in 1977.
Dobson began relinquishing control of the group six years ago by stepping down as president and CEO.
Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Last Friday at chapel Dr. Dobson stepped down. It was a very momentous moment for the ministry. Dr. Dobson is such a class act. I really admire him and Shirley for recognizing it is time to step down and handing the reigns over. The new President and CEO Jim Daly is an amazing man. I got to meet him a couple of weeks ago and he is just a great great man. The ministry is in excellent hands. I am so excited to see where the ministry is headed. I know the Lord has great things in store for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment