A year today was when I got the heart sinking phone call. I knew when I got of the shower and had a missed called from my mom that something was wrong. The night before I couldn't get a hold of my parents and I didn't sleep well. So when I saw the missed called I immediately called back to see what was wrong. All my mom could say was Destinee I think you need to come home. I busted into tears and was just like what is wrong...she didn't want to tell me but I wouldn't get off the phone with her till she did. She told me the awful news that my Pap had passed away. This was totally unexpected because I didn't even know he was sick in the hospital. So I was pretty much uncontrollable. I called my friend Leo and he came over and consoled me and helped me get my stuff together. So I hit the road and I just cried and cried. There is not much I really remember about that whole week but the fact that I was a basket case because I just lost someone extremely close to me and didn't get the chance to tell him goodbye or that I loved him.
To this day I can not bring myself to go visit his grave site. I'm not sure why. I guess I just keep trying to forget that he really is gone. My Pap held and still does hold a special place in my heart. I knew that he loved and cared about me so much. He always called me his favorite granddaughter(I was his only granddaughter). He came to all my basketball games my senior and junior year. He was so proud that I was going to Auburn. We loved playing spades together. He always made me hot links when he cooked. He was the best cook ever!!!
Ok...I can't type anymore I'm getting really sad! I loved him and I miss him sooooo MUCH!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment