Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What does rest look like?

Busy Tuesday has come once again and not quite over yet. I usually wouldn't have time to sit down and blog today but this weekend I worked ahead so I wouldn't have any homework. I'm actually going to make this short b/c I'm fixing to leave for small group. Yesterday class was canceled due to one of our professors being sick. Class today was good. Marriage and Family was today with the Pampeyans. I'm just going to touch on a couple of things we went over in class today.

We started out class going over a ministry styles assessment we took. I'm supposedly a researcher and refiner? Our passages came from Genesis 1-3 & Ephesians 5:21-33 for the rest of the material we covered in class. A quote from one of the books we read Intimate Allies p. 24 states " A marriage is no better than the vision we have for one another and the willingness we have to sacrifice for each other; to suffer to see growth occur". I love this quote from Dr. Arch Hart " It isn't about finding the right partner. It's all about becoming the right partner."

Building Blocks of Marriage
- God's love & grace
- Unity and diversity
- Love and respect
- Humility
- Trust and trustworthiness
- Acceptance and value
- Willingness to listen and change
- Fun
- Lifelong commitment to God and to each other

I'll end with a quote from Dr. James Dobson:
" The basic needs of each gender are straightforward. Women need to be loved, all year round. Men need to be respected, especially when the going gets tough...Love and respect: it's an unbeatable combination."

No comments: